Time for WAAAGHammer 40,000 again!

The first batch of Space Marines due.
So there's this friend of mine who got into WH40k and after a few games he was hooked since. He bought an Assault on Black Reach set which in my opinion is a great way to get into Warhammer 40,000 (and miniatures wargaming in general). Check it out: [link]



So much that he commissioned me to do his Space Marines in exchange for the Orks. Which is great 'coz i played Tyranids before and seeing that the Orks can also be built into a horde army I think I'm technically back into playing the game again. I got an Ork combat patrol conssiting of a Warboss, 20 Ork Boiz, 5 Ork Nobz and 3 Deffkoptas. That's already a sizeable 400-point army (with a little tweaking) right around 1/4 of a tournament legal army in game terms. I hope i can expand this little war band in the near future.


As for the Space Marines, my buddy decided that they'll be from the Iron Hands Chapter (a subdivision of the whole Corps). I've seen in the photos that they're usually black with metallic colors but I'll be doing them primarily in gunmetal with black for the secondary colors. 


Now as for the Orkz, all I can say is that I'll be deviating from my normal purple/orang battle colors and do something different and fun for them. Stay tuned!




Lotsa Orks!

Color sample for the 'Iron Hands' Space Marines.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...