Deviant Feature: vash68

We have the talented vash68 gracing Rai's Garage DeviantArtist feature for this week. vash68 is most especially known in DA for his builds ranging from Model T's, movie and TV vehicles (like the Delorian which he has some awesome builds of) and war planes but as it turns out he's also a visual artist too. Let's hear the rest of his story from him:


Rai's Garage (RG):First off, what’s your real name? Can you tell us that or would you stick to your DA persona?
vash68:Daniel Hollingsworth

One of his most realistic, A For TT complete with a scratch built bed.
Rai's Garage (RG):Tell us something about yourself: age, occupation, country of origin, and other hobbies/interests beyond DA etc.

One of his T's
vash68: I’m 24 years old going to college to learn about automotive paint and body work , also metal fabrication. I want go into building hotrods and customs and hopefully open my own shop. I enjoy mainly building car models, but I also enjoy building military subjects. I also like restoring and collecting antiques, mainly classic trains, military memorabilia, and classic car parts, pretty much anything that catches my interest or has history behind it. I’m a car buff, I love classic cars from all eras. Right now I’m restoring a 1968 Camaro in my free time, which is the 2nd cars I’ve owned, but my first project car.

Rai's Garage (RG):What do you normally post in DA?
vash68: Mainly car photos, pics of the models I’ve built, car sketches on occasions, paintings, and WIP pics of various projects I’m working on.

Rai's Garage (RG):How did you know of DA?
vash68: A few friends of mine urged me to join, so I did! And because of that I’ve made more new friends over Deviant Art, I’m on DA more than I’m on
Facebook!



TANANANANA! BATMAN!
Rai's Garage (RG):What does your interests/hobbies mean to you?
vash68:They mean everything to me! I’d go crazy if I didn’t have a fun/ creative hobby to do. I love to keep myself busy and always be working on something, whether it’s working on a car, or just relaxing inside drawing, painting or working on a model. Hobbies are my stress relievers, and are my way to forget about things troubling me.

Rai's Garage (RG): What normally inspires you as an artist/deviant?
He calls this cam 'Meanstreak'
vash68: Since most of my subjects in modeling, painting and drawing are based on cars, or other modes of transportation usually things like “my family had one of those cars”, or “I saw one of those” or “that’s my dream car, and this is what it would look like if I owned it.” Also history inspires me in some of my pieces, particularly if it’s military. I’ve had, and have quite a few people in my family serve in the military, so I have a huge respect for veterans all over the world, so whether im building a model, sketching , or painting something in that area, I put %100 into it. 

Where we're going, we don't need roads.
Rai's Garage (RG): Craziest thing you did for a piece of work/deviation?

vash68: For college painting class I was in we had to make an assemblage painting. I either forgot to bring a canvas or brought the wrong size, my teacher ended up giving me one a student left behind that had some crazy looking nude abstract figure on it. Nudity isn’t anything I want in any of my work so I tore a big hole in the middle of the figure and made a 80s looking robot “busting” through the canvas covering the figure! I made the robot from bits of plastic and old computer parts. I didn’t stop there; I painted all kinds of pixilated figures, and a spaceship on the canvas!

Just one of his paintings.
One of his collages made from automotive sutff.
Rai's Garage (RG): What is your favorite piece of work?

vash68: One of my models Ive built, a 1925 Ford Model TT truck I've built from some parts one of my best firends on Deviantart traded to me. I ended up making scratch built wood cab, and stakebed for it, and scratch built tons of other details for it. I entered it in a model contest and it placed 3rd in its category. Also somebody from Scale Auto Mag wanted to take pics of it for an upcoming issue of "Contest Cars" which should be coming out in October. That's the model Im most proud of, its the most scratch building ive ever done, and the first model of mine thats going into a magizine.

Rai's Garage (RG): Aside from DA, where can we watch you?
vash68: My Facebook page, just do a search on my name and I should be the only “Daniel Hollingsworth” that pops up. If anyone’s going to add me, message me first…I don’t like it when random people out of the blue add me..:/

Rai's Garage (RG): Advice for fellow deviants with the same interests as yours:
A VF-1A which both of us built at almost the same time.
vash68: You don’t always have to limit yourself to one subject, or form of media. Try out new things, or things you’ve always wanted to try out, because you never know if there’s something out there you’ll enjoy doing just as much as what you’re doing now.

Thank you very much vash68!

More from vash68 in his Deviantart gallery,. Check it out!

*All artworks and models are owned by the said artist. Pictures used with permission.

3 comments:

Mekanda said...

Love the Batmobile, Marty McFly's GMC car and last but not the least, the VF-1A in fighter mode... *sigh!

D.A.R said...

He is soooo pro man.

The Raipo said...

Totally agree with you guys. Vash68 is one of the best modelers around.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...