Deviant Feature: SPICE-EMPEROR:


GO! GO! GO!

We're having the versatile Gundam modeler and photographer SPICE-EMPEROR for our deviant feature for today. He's on a mission to take gunpla building and photography to another level with his hyper-imaginative shots. Here's what he has to say about his whole modus operandi: 

Rai's Garage: First off, what’s your real name? Can you tell us that or would you stick to your DA persona?
SPICE-EMPEROR: I’d rather stick to my persona, but everyone calls me Shino in real life anyway.


ROLL OUT!! (Ooops!)
Rai's Garage:Tell us something about yourself:  age, occupation, country of origin, other hobbies/interests beyond DA etc.
SPICE-EMPEROR: I’m currently 20, and until recently I was unemployed, which is where I found the time to go out and take so many pictures, and put so much detail into the stuff I do. I’m currently employed now, so I don’t have as much time to go out and take pictures, or paint Warhammer 40k mini’s or anything though. Primarily that’s all I was interested in though, Gundam and 40k, though I’ve been thinking of getting into Ma.K too.

Rai's Garage: What do you normally post in DA?
SPICE-EMPEROR: Gundam photography of course! I started out like everyone else, just taking photos indoors or in my yard, but then the more I looked at other peoples photo’s, the more I noticed that..well..everyone did this, no one really tried to make it look dynamic, or realistic, so I decided to start taking photos in more remote places, trying to make it look more like those mobile suits really were out in a desert, or a jungle or whatever, instead of in a fenced yard.
Care to dance?

Rai's Garage: How did you know of DA?
SPICE-EMPEROR: I’ve known about it for years, technically I’ve been on there for 6 years now, initially I was just on there because a friend told me to, but I didn’t actually do much, or upload anything until I got into Gundams.

Rai's Garage: What does your interests/hobbies mean to you?
SPICE-EMPEROR: It’s just another  fun way to get my brushes out and paint, and to get outside and explore, I didn’t even watch Gundam when I got my first MG Zaku, so it was more about what would look cool painted up all nice to me, more than just simply being a fan.

Rai's Garage:What normally inspires you as an artist/deviant?
SPICE-EMPEROR: Nothing really, I just get out, go on my long bike rides, and if I see a spot that looks good for a photo shoot, I’ll head back out there with my Gundams and just take as many pictures as I can of them in as many poses as I can think of. Though, for poses and action scenes, I draw a lot of inspiration from the Gundam art books.

His (and probably will be yours too)fave, an ACGUY in it's environment. 
Rai's Garage: Craziest thing you did for a piece of work/deviation?
SPICE-EMPEROR: Definitely my underwater AC guy shots, even though I didn’t go as far out or outside even to take them, but I was still the only person on DA to ever try it, apparently.

Rai's Garage:What is your favorite piece of work?
SPICE-EMPEROR: SPICE-EMPEROR: My underwater AC guy shots! They came out so perfect, the eye even glowed red under the light.

Rai's Garage: Aside from DA, where can we watch you?
SPICE-EMPEROR: I don’t really post much anything outside of DA.
No contest!

Rai's Garage: Advice for fellow deviants with the same interests as yours:
SPICE-EMPEROR: When taking photos take lots and lots and lots of shots, it may look good to you, but then when you get home and you upload it, it turns out looking horrible. When I go out for a photoshoot I usually take around 200 photos and maybe end up using 2 or 3, you have to make sure to get at every angle and make sure it’s in focus, you can’t rely on just taking a single picture and assuming it’ll be good.

Thank you very much dude! Guys, check out SPICE-EMPEROR's Deviantart account here.

*All pictures and artworks by SPICE-EMPEROR and is used with prior and proper permission. 

4 comments:

Mekanda said...

The first photo rocks big time! Awesome shot and badass poses from those three! :)

The Raipo said...

This guy's got talent no doubt. My fave is the aquatic Acguy shot :D

D.A.R said...

He's great with the action shots.

The Raipo said...

@D.A.R. and his builds are kick -ass too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...