Deviant Feature: BlueFox284


This week on Rai's Garage we're having the amazing all-around kit builder (and hardcore Metal Gear Solid fan like yours truly) BlueFox284. He's just about the personification of your regular, everyday neighborhood guy that works through the day and builds kits like there's no tomorrow. His works includes much variety, but who am I to tell it to you all? Take it away dude!
Intricate decal work here
Rai's Garage: First off, what’s your real name? Can you tell us that or would you stick to your DA persona?
BlueFox284: No problem, name's Dave Allan Ridolfi



Dazzling work on his Cobra
Rai's Garage: Tell us something about yourself:  age, occupation, country of origin, other hobbies/interests beyond DA etc.
BlueFox284: Currently I'm 28 years old. I work for a cabinet shop here in the ol' US of A. It ain't much but it pays the bills and "addictions".

Rai's Garage:  What do you normally post in DA?
BlueFox284: Model kits for the most part, almost exclusively really. Once in a while I'd videogame related art of some sort. But those have really taken a back seat in the last 2 years since I realized I never really could get into drawing, and decided to take modeling a little more seriously than I ever had.

Rai's Garage:  How did you know of DA?
BlueFox284:I just stumbled acrossed it one day. . .Around early 2008. I was looking up some photo's of Nintendo's Pit of Kid Icarus fame when I heard that he would appear in Super Smash Bros Brawl. One pic lead to another and then finally I saw some incredible fan art on DeviantArt. "Its kinda like that MySpace site, but with an actual purpose." I thought to myself, and so I joined up.
Startling Patton

Rai's Garage:  What does your interests/hobbies mean to you?
BlueFox284:Relaxation and stress relief with a little sense of accomplishment mixed in.

Rai's Garage: What normally inspires you as an artist/deviant?
BlueFox284:For modeling, seeing other people's work inspires me. The level of detail and finish drives me to improve, even if little by little. One of the reasons I'll enter contests when I can. Though I gotta say, things have changed since I was building kits back when I was young kid. In those days, cars and planes were common- but these days its all about gunpla. since they've become more available, the Gundam kits have really taken over the kids intrests. I've seen it at hobby shops. The youngsters will be looking at Gundam kits, dad looking at cars or armor models, while moms are just standing there like, "Ugh. How long do I gotta be here? And this had better not be too expensive. . ."
He recently got into gunpla with the Classic Wing Zero Custom

Rai's Garage: Craziest thing you did for a piece of work/deviation?
BlueFox284:I haven't done it yet unfortunately. . .I have this absurd of idea of building a massive 1/48 WWII German army diorama with numerous vehichles. I already stockpiled a few kits and accessories for it. I just haven't worked out where I'll keep it when I'm done! The most suprising to me was when someone on DA paid me $40 to build a papercraft model of Metal Gear REX  from Metal Gear Solid.

Crazy papercraft Metal Gear REX!

Rai's Garage: What is your favorite piece of work?
BlueFox284:Probably the massive 1/12 scale Ferrari 312T4 Formula 1 race car by Tamiya. After I got it, it sat under my desk for nearly 2 years because I didn't have the nerve to build it since I had just got back into the hobby. There was so many parts and detail. Once I did, I knewI could build anything. I felt like I had finally arrived. LOL.

Rai's Garage: Aside from DA, where can we watch you?
BlueFox284: I'm strictly on DA for my hobbies. Its just easier for me that way. I do have a facebook account, but I use it somewhat sparingly. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001028437290
Classic Huey

Rai's Garage:  Advice for fellow deviants with the same interests as yours:
BlueFox284:Take your time and enjoy what your doing. As with anything else with life, practice makes perfect!

Thank you very much!



His masterpiece, a massive 1/12 scale Tamiya Ferrari 312T4

Can this guy can do dioramas or what?

More of BlueFox284's work in his Deviantart account: http://bluefox284.deviantart.com/

*All works and pictures featured are properties of each respective artist. Used with prior and proper permission.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...