Deviant Feature: Cherryred5


On to our next DeviantArt feature, this time for the deviant known as Cherryred5. Here's what he has to say for himself and about his work:

Rai's Garage (RG): First off, what’s your real name? Can you tell us that or would you stick to your DA persona?
Cherryred5: My name is Timothy Claeys, not really a secret. Cherryred5 is just a combo of nicknames. But not important at all. In games my nickname is Cyberator.

Rai's Garage (RG): Tell us something about yourself: age, occupation, country of origin, other hobbies/interests beyond DA etc.
Cherryred5: I just turned 23 years old. I’m born in Belgium and still live there. I was a shopkeeper in jewelry and watches, also repaired watches. But now I do not have a job, but doing volunteer work. I’m a Jehovah’s witness. So religion is very important to me. So I do volunteer work to help people understanding the Bible. Most of my hobbies can you see on DA. Unless sleeping is also a hobby :p

Rai's Garage (RG):  What do you normally post in DA?
Cherryred5: I post pictures of my Gunpla, figures,… Nice looking photo’s, drawings,… stuff that I do/make.

Rai's Garage (RG): How did you know of DA?
Cherryred5: A friend of mine was on DA and said that I have to join too. So I did!



Rai's Garage (RG):  What does your interests/hobbies mean to you?
Cherryred5: Hard question…(Thinking very hard). It’s stuff that I like, I like to do. I love details, and in photography and modeling you can go crazy in detail.

Rai's Garage (RG):  What normally inspires you as an artist/deviant?
Cherryred5: That depends on what. In drawings I want to make my own style, but old artists also inspire me. Belgium has a rich history of painters that are so amazing. In photography I want to see the reality and an other world(see things that you normally don’t see). In gunpla and modeling I want to go very realistic,if that's how a robot would it look like.

Rai's Garage (RG):  Craziest thing you did for a piece of work/deviation?
Cherryred5: That would be my death bird project. I found a death bird in the woods. Most of the flesh and organs were decomposed. I shopped of his head and claw(?). Home I kept them in jars.  But I wanted the skull, so I had to remove the feathers and remaining flesh. It was disgusting! The smell of death stayed for weeks in my room. I have so many disgusting pictures of the progress that I didn’t submit on DA. That project made me sick for a week… the smell… damn.(I really was sick)

Rai's Garage (RG): What is your favorite piece of work?
Cherryred5: For drawings this monkey 
For Gunpla my MasterGrade Ms-07B Gouf
For Ma.K. my Mark III Raptor(was my first Ma.K.)
For pictures… can’t say.. too many :p but I love the results of the Death birth project

Rai's Garage (RG):  Aside from DA, where can we watch you?
Cherryred5: Youtube! I started with some reviews, but I can’t find the time to make them. I prefer to spend my time in modeling than making videos (It takes so much time to make a simple video!)

Rai's Garage (RG):  Advice for fellow deviants with the same interests as yours:
Cherryred5: Do what you like. Do your own thing. If you don’t like a color on a gundam, you change it! And don’t be afraid to show the world what you create!

Catch Cherryred5 on his DA account and his YouTube channel. Thanks Timothy!

All Artworks and photos are property of Cherryred5 and is used with prior permission.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...