SUMMER KOMIKON 2012

Now for something that I've missed for a long time: SUMMER KOMIKON!

Summer Komikon 2012 was AWESOME! I was absent from it for almost a couple of years and that was the first time I went to the new venue. Suffice to say, it's a lot more comfortable there with full centralized air-conditioning and lotsa space for everyone. 

I had the chance to station myself at Jonas Diego's booth where I had some of my kits and minis displayed. Later through the day, I managed to get a lot of komiks/comics that I'm not quite done reading them all yet as of now. 


The 'Kon had a lot of surprises. First up was when local film and TV actor appeared onstage to pomote their new comic and digital movie called 'Tiiktik: The Aswang Chronicles'. 

Yours truly, peddling funny book pr0n

With Starchild and Jaganath creator Kevin Valentino 


Surprise #2 was a short film tribute to komiks legend Tony De Zuñiga who passed away not too long ago.One of sis numerable works include Jonah Hex which was turned to a film quite recently.



But the biggest surprise was the appearance of acclaimed writer MARK MILLAR who dropped by for a meet and greet that afternoon! It was known that Millar was supposed to be at his own signing event the day after (for his new book SUPERCROOKS) but it was a welcomed surprise nonetheless. He was accompanied by the whole Supercrooks team Leinil Yu (penciller), Gerry Alanguilan (inker) and Sunny Gho (colorist).

THE CROWD!

Some were selling just prints, which were equally rad. 

Original character custom figures.


Rommel Estanislao's craftwork at par with his komik

Signings! and more!

Can you see The FLASH?

BAYAN NIGHTS table

Andrew Villar and his family.

TRESE's Budjette Tan and Kajo Bladisimo with Filipino Heroes Leauge's Paolo Fabregas.

Elmer Damaso proud of his Cat's Trail 'light novel'

The National Bookstore's booth 

BIG GUNS!  (L-R) Mico Suayan, Carlo Pagulayan, Leinil Yu

♫ When Carlo PAgulayn throws his mighty shield! ♫

Gab of PAROKYA NI EDGAR! Geeking out too!

Of course, there's toys too

Tepai and Mel Caispit busy signing too

Gerry Alanguilan and Johnny 'Balbona' Danganan on stage for an auction

'Oh Johnny BEHAVE!!!'

What's plamo and minis doing in a Komikon???

BOLD!

For some reason, I am sad...

For me, its the BEST KOMIKON I had as of recent memory. Its the first time an international comics writer dropped by an I'm really hoping that others would follow suit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...