Finished: SD EX-S Gundoom/Gundam




 Just finished my  Model Comprehend (MC) SD EX-S Gundoom/Gundam. I've talked about this kit before, but here's a little primer: the reason for it's quirky name is that this is a Non-Bandai, 'grey' area gunpla.



Finally finished after 3 months(!!!) since being handed down to me. It's because this kit was made in between other projects (*cough*warhammer40k*cough*) and the fact that it is an impressively complicated SD kit.

I hope to build more Model Comprehend (MC) kits in the future. My first impression from their SD EX-S made me giddy :D

This kit has lotsa kibble that puts a HG kit to shame. Notable are the wiry joint connectors that seem to be detrimental to the kit. I advise anybody who will build this kit to reinfroce the joints or put it in an action base for support.

Overall a big, bulky but nevertheless impressive (Non-Bandai)SD kit. I'll never underestimate a SD kit again.

Hand-painted with Vallejo, Games Workshop and Semco acrylic paints.

2 comments:

JOSH said...

I never knew that there were actually unofficial Gundam toys out there (other than those cheap local plastic-made ones XD)

Anyway, good job on this one =)

The Raipo said...

Thanks as always Josh :D Never imagined it but yeah, they exist.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...