Event: Komikstrip 2011

(From last year's Komikstrip)
I'm excited about February's Komikstrip 2011 to be held at my alma mater UP Los Baños.

Ever since I've been exposed to the indie komiks scene way back in my college years, I've always been looking forward to a komiks event to come in at Los Baños. Years after I graduated (and worked) KomiksTrip came about their first foray last year attended by some of the country's best indie komiks makers such as Budjette Tan (Trese), Carlo Vergara (Zsa Zsa Zaturnah), Gerry Alanguilan (Elmer), Manix Abrera (Kikomachine), Memer and Michael David of Culture Crash, The Punxxx Komks Crew, Hazel Manzano (Callwork) etc.

(From last year's Komikstrip)
I've heard from the organizers that they'll be bringing in roughly the same peole from last year and more. And that's a good thing since events like KomiksTrip don't come around often in Los Baños, more so in Laguna. So there's gonna be more komiks, autographs, pictures and other stuff for us this year.

I'm particularly excited about Rommel Estanislao's confirmation in the event. Rommel, also known as Omeng and ~dinuguan on deviantart.com is what shobiz calls a triple threat: he draws, he does graphic design and sculpts clay figures of komiks characters. Check out his deviations here. Silent Sanctum Manga is also a draw for me this year. I am yet to have a copy of their works which, based from their website and reviews of their works from other komiks artists, are fun to read. I've also heard that Andrew Villar will be there bringing along his 'Hari' komiks in print form.
(From last year's Komikstrip)

And yes, there will be even more as the organizers say, so I'm really looking forward to this. Visit the event's blog, their website and like them on Facebook and Twitter. And as with this kind of event, expect a number of reviews on komiks and stuff that I'll be acquiring so see you around.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...